Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240412182125.000054c3@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 18:21:25 -0400

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:20:24 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <20240412175429.000005c9@example.com>,
>  Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:33:34 +0000
> > BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > Apparently a show about feudal Japan isn't diverse enough even
> > > though it has hardly any white people-- 'not white' being the
> > > usual definition of 'diversity' in Hollywood.
> > >
> > > Now it seems that the definition of 'diversity' is morphing yet
> > > again and it now doesn't matter how many other minorities are in
> > > your show, you still have to have a quota of black people
> > > regardless of whether their presence makes any damn sense or not.
> > >
> > > https://medium.com/afrosapiophile/where-are-the-black-people-in-shogun-71fc1
> > > be70ab0
>
> > I can hardly wait until the next time they make a series about the
> > Revolutionary War and find themselves creating black leaders among
> > the revolutionaries to write the Constitution, lead the Army, etc.
> > etc. just to placate the DIE crowd....
>
> Well, we all know George Washington was black. Just ask Google's AI
> to show you a picture of him.

It would, of course, be a good start if the top general of the Army and
the first President (under the Constitution of 1787) was black but I
can't believe that would be enough for the DIE crowd. I feel sure
they'll insist on *all* of the major figures on the Revolutionary War
side being black - aside from Benedict Arnold who must stay resolutely
white. They'll rationalize this by insinuating that all of them had
slave-owning ancestors raping slave women and it just happened that
Washington and the others "passed" for white so didn't run afoul of the
laws of the day.

--
Rhino