Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240415142040.00007dd6@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Medium: Not Enough Black People in SHOGUN
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:20:40 -0400

On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 16:49:23 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:24:57 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >  =20
> >>=20
> >> Well, it gets their pictures in the paper. I haven=C3=A2=C2=80=C2=99t =
been back
> >> since they pulled that little stunt not even when they had the
> >> traveling Star Trek exhibit.
> >>  =20
> > Strange - I always thought one of the main reasons for the Klingons
> > in Star Trek was to ensure black actors always got lots of work -
> > and in later shows beyond TOS enough of the Klingons were 'good
> > guys' that the 1960s / 70s ancestors of the current DIE crowd were
> > happy.=20
>=20
> No. That=E2=80=99s a lie told by total retard Michael Dorn (Worf) who says
> that the reason for Klingons is so they could hire black actors with
> nobody knowing. Klingons had been being played by non-black actors
> for decades, before somebody hired Dorn.
>=20
Correct! Having recently rewatched nearly every episode of ST:TOS
recently - I skipped the really awful ones - it's blindingly
obvious that every one of the people playing the Klingon commanders
(and every lesser Klingon that I can recall too) was white.=20

Now, there *might* be some truth to the idea that later Star Treks used
more black actors as Klingons so that they could increase their count
of black actors; I really couldn't say about that.=20
--=20
Rhino