Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240416194713.000028bc@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emily VanCamp To Lead Canadian TV Drama About Former Sex
 Worker Turned Litigator
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:47:13 -0400

On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:53:24 -0700
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

> As per Deadline:
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/emily-vancamp-prejudice-celeste-parr-1235885913/
>

> I really like VanCamp, and wish she'd do something else I'd want to
> watch, but neither "The Resident" nor this fits the bill.  :|

Speaking of The Resident, did you ever hear why she left that? She was
the female lead but apparently just decided not to come back one summer
when the show was still going reasonably strong. I never heard one word
on why she left. I thought perhaps she'd decided to get out of the
business and raise a family or something like that....

I'm a little surprised to find her doing a Canadian series. Once a
Canadian actor/actress makes it big in the US, they don't often come
back to Canada. There are some exceptions, of course, but not that
many. (For example, Jason Priestley doing Private Eyes after 90210.)

--
Rhino