Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240416a@crcomp.net>

From: "Don" <g@crcomp.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Predictive failures
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:25:07 -0000 (UTC)

Don Y wrote:
> Is there a general rule of thumb for signalling the likelihood of
> an "imminent" (for some value of "imminent") hardware failure?
>
> I suspect most would involve *relative* changes that would be
> suggestive of changing conditions in the components (and not
> directly related to environmental influences).
>
> So, perhaps, a good strategy is to just "watch" everything and
> notice the sorts of changes you "typically" encounter in the hope
> that something of greater magnitude would be a harbinger...

A singular speculative spitball - the capacitive marker:

    In-situ Prognostic Method of Power MOSFET Based on Miller Effect

    ... This paper presents a new in-situ prognosis method for
    MOSFET based on miller effect. According to the theory
    analysis, simulation and experiment results, the miller
    platform voltage is identified as a new degradation
    precursor ...

    (10.1109/PHM.2017.8079139)

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;