Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240419221833.00003b2a@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Kelly Clarkson
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:18:33 -0400

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:33:31 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > Today I watched 20 minutes or so of the KELLY CLARKSON show in the
> > lobby of Jiffy Lube while I was waiting to get my oil changed.
> >=20
> > Holy schnikees, has that girl lost a lot of weight. She was always
> > kind of chubby even during her AMERICAN IDOL days, but then she
> > really ballooned up and became fully morbidly obese. But she walks
> > on screen today and she must have lost the equivalent to an entire
> > Backstreet Boy in weight.
> >=20
> > Very slim and fit now. And still healthy looking, so the weight
> > loss seems to have been accomplished the right way. Good for her.
> >  =20
>=20
> A game I play on the iPhone has weight loss commercials, supposedly
> featuring Clarkson between every round so I see them a lot. They=E2=80=99=
re
> completely fake. They=E2=80=99ve taken random footage of her and replaced=
 the
> mouths and written dialogue by people that don=E2=80=99t speak English so
> what she saying doesn=E2=80=99t make a whole lot of sense. For instance, =
she
> says her name is Shark Tank at one point.
>=20
> Anyway, they say she lost all the weight, eating magic gummy=E2=80=99s. J=
ust
> take one gummy each day and lose 50 pounds in three weeks. As though
> that would be survivable. Dr. Oz comes in to verify what she=E2=80=99s sa=
ying.
>=20
> And every day is the very last day to have them send you a bottle for
> free if you just send them like 50 bucks.
>=20

At one point, I got curious about this keto diet, which they promise is
completely safe and guaranteed to lose you weight in record time. It
took very little research to determine that this is NOT  a safe diet
and definitely one you should not be on for more than a couple of
weeks. Even then, you put various internal organs at risk. I don't
remember the details at this point but anyone thinking of trying it
should absolutely do some basic research on keto diets - NOT just the
claims they make in the ads!!! - before trying it.=20

--=20
Rhino