Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240502182505.000023c6@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: the Republican anti-anti-Semitism on college campuses bill
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 18:25:05 -0400

On Thu, 2 May 2024 22:05:00 -0000 (UTC)
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >Thu, 2 May 2024 17:37:44 -0000 (UTC) Adam H. Kerman
> ><ahk@chinet.com>:
>
> >>. . .
>
> >>Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) opposed the legislation on
> >>religious grounds. Do I look to her for leadership on religion or
> >>anything at all? She wrote that she would not vote for the law
> >>because it "could convict Christians of antisemitism for believing
> >>the gospel that says Jesus was handed over to Herod to be crucified
> >>by the Jews." This has been used as justification for violence
> >>against Jews over the centuries.
>
> >I could really benefit from some facts here. My knowledge of the
> >details from either a Christian or Jewish perspective is extremely
> >limited here.
>
> My knowledge of Bible stories in the New Testament and Gospels is
> limited to the movies, which may not properly interpret the Bible.
>
> >>. . .

That's perfectly fair. I wouldn't expect you to give me chapter and
verse on the Christian perspective but maybe you can give me the Jewish
perspective?

How was Jesus regarded by Jews? How was his betrayal regarded: as a
good thing because he was causing unrest or a very bad thing because
Jesus was a fellow Jew? I really have no idea on any of this beyond
understanding that most Jews regarded him as no more than another
prophet and certainly not the Messiah.

--
Rhino