Article <20240505172958.000034ab@example.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240505172958.000034ab@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Professor inflitrates pro-Palestinian encampment; union leader
 calls for consequences
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:29:58 -0400

Students at the University of Toronto have a pro-Palestinian encampment
like some of the American colleges and universities. Recently, a
professor "infiltrated" the encampment - he basically just visited and
talked to protestors - and described the experience in an article for
the National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/news/toronto/university-of-toronto-anti-israel-protest-encampment

The professor found that many of the protesters were not students,
staff or faculty of the university at all, yet they were limited were
actual fee-paying students could go.

A former Antifa member who is now a "communications officer" in a major
union has called for "street-level" consequences for people like the
professor.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/union-leaders-pledge-support-for-u-of-t-anti-israel-encampment-urge-consequences-for-dissenters

It's high time this country had right-to-work legislation like some
American states. I highly doubt that most of the bureaucrats that work
for these government unions actually support Hamas and other
terrorists but their leaders continue to carry on as if they do. This
isn't anything new. A friend who worked for the federal government
mentioned an occasion 25 years ago where the leaders of his union were
at their office promising their "brothers and sisters" in the
membership to keep fighting until capitalism was destroyed or some such
blather. (Heck, I still remember a documentary I saw some years ago in
which a long time union "activist" recalled trying to stir up children
against capitalism when candy bars went up from 5 cents to 7 cents,
back in the 50s and children launched a widespread protest!)

--
Rhino