Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240509235034.00004e19@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Rex Murphy R.I.P.
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 23:50:34 -0400

On Thu, 9 May 2024 23:42:30 -0400

> It seems that Canada's (arguably) best known and most articulate
> political commentator, Rex Murphy, has died.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/rex-murphy-obituary-1.7199788
>
> In yet another brilliant display of journalism, the article does not
> say when or where he died - what ever happened to Who?, What?, When?
> Where? and Why? - but I assume it was in the last few days since I
> read (and posted a link to) a new article by Murphy just the other
> day. (In the comments beneath that article, someone expressed
> gratitude at seeing him back after an illness. I had noticed his
> absence but hadn't heard that he was ill, let alone dying.)
>
> He'll be missed by those of us considering ourselves conservative.

This article in the National Post, where he was a regular he columnist
is considerably better than the other one I linked, which was from the
CBC website. That's ironic given that Murphy was a CBC regular for
decades until they figured out an excuse to purge him.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/rex-murphy-dies-obituary

--
Rhino