Article <20240514094954.000026fc@example.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240514094954.000026fc@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oxford Music Professors: Sheet Music is White Supremacy
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 09:49:54 -0400

On Tue, 14 May 2024 07:44:47 +0000
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Who knew that everyday when I sit down and engrave film scores for the
> live-to-picture and historical archiving projects, I'm actually
> practicing white supremacy.
>
> Thank god we have radical leftist 'progressives' to make us aware of
> these things!
>
> ------------------------
> Staff members within the University of Oxford's music department have
> deemed sheet music "colonialist" and have suggested ways to
> "decolonize" the curriculum.
>
> Professors said that music notation has not "shaken off its
> connection to its colonial past" and that not rebranding it would be
> a "slap in the face" for students of color, according to documents
> reviewed by the British outlet The Telegraph.
>
> The same faculty also reportedly questioned whether the current
> curriculum was complicit in "white supremacy," pointing to the
> program's focus on "white European music from the slave period"--
> composers like Mozart and Beethoven.
>
> The professors further suggested that certain classical music
> skills-- like playing the piano and conducting orchestral
> arrangements-- ought not to be required because they structurally
> center "white European music" and cause "students of color great
> distress".

These lunatics are literally trying to destroy literally every last
vestige of Western Civilization - and we're letting them, despite the
absurdity of their ideas. It's the Death of a Thousand Cuts approach
to destroying our culture and replacing it with something much MUCH
worse.

You should read Douglas Murray's The War on the West.
--
Rhino