Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240514c@crcomp.net>

From: "Don" <g@crcomp.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Dressing RG6
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 22:20:56 -0000 (UTC)

John Larkin wrote:
>Don wrote:

>>> Bazooka balun.
>>
>>The parasitic capacitance created between coax and its metal armor can
>>open a Pandora's box of potential problems.
>
> Capacitance between the coax outer and the copper pipe? Proper coax
> shouldn't have any external field.

Does a ferrite bead by any other name (eg metal armor) contain parasitic
capacitance?

    ... A ferrite bead can be modeled as a simplified circuit
    consisting of resistors, an inductor, and a capacitor ...

    <https://www.analog.com/en/resources/analog-dialogue/articles/ferrite-beads-demystified.html>

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;