Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240517221703.000021aa@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CA Teacher Fired for Refusing to Use Preferred Pronouns; Wins
 Big in Lawsuit
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 22:17:03 -0400

On Thu, 16 May 2024 09:08:40 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 May 2024 01:00:19 +0000, BTR1701
> > <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >  =20
> >> A California school district has settled a lawsuit with a teacher
> >> who says she was fired over her religious beliefs after she
> >> refused to use students' preferred pronouns, attorneys say.
> >>=20
> >> The Jurupa Unified School District in Riverside County agreed to
> >> pay $360,000 to Jessica Tapia, her attorneys at Advocates for
> >> Faith & Freedom said in a May 14 news release.
> >>=20
> >> The settlement closes a federal lawsuit Tapia filed last May that
> >> alleged the district's decision to fire Tapia violated her civil
> >> and 1st Amendment rights, according to the lawsuit.
> >>  =20
> > Was she fired because she refused to use he/her or he/her/god knows
> > what? =20
>=20
> They gave her a letter with something like three infractions,
> including that, that she had to fix or lose her job. She sent a
> return letter saying she wouldn=E2=80=99t, the big one seems to be that s=
he
> was proselytizing to her classes, and she said as a Christian, she
> couldn=E2=80=99t stop that (I don=E2=80=99t know what kind of Christian d=
enomination
> requires that). They told her the accommodations she was asking
> violated California law. She refused to comply. They fired her.  It=E2=80=
=99s
> unclear to me if they specified the exact cause of the firing.
>=20
> They eventually paid her a chunk of change, but they refused to admit
> wrong doing, and part of the settlement is that she could never try
> to work for the school district again.
>=20
>=20
> > My question is of course designed to see if her "crime" was the same
> > one that brought Jordan Peterson to prominence or something else?
> > (Peterson said he'd use he/her as desired but wouldn't use a made up
> > pronoun) =20
>=20
> Given who sponsored her lawsuit, I would say the main thing was the
> proselytizing.
>=20
> While the article doesn=E2=80=99t say it they imply she probably only had
> problems with one student about the pronouns.
>=20
I've seen claims that the percentage of students claiming to be some
gender other than the one they were born is as much as 20 or 25% with
young teen girls having an especially high proclivity to claim to
actually be boys. It is inconceivable to me that these students could
genuinely believe this. They're either deliberately lying to game the
system in some way or there's a mass hysteria going through the schools
to rival the Dutch tulip phenomenon a couple of centuries back.

Perhaps the teacher was encountering a LOT more than just 1 student
with pronoun demands!

--=20
Rhino