Article <20240521154141.00000fad@example.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240521154141.00000fad@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Vermont: Free Home Downpayments, But Not for Whites
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 15:41:41 -0400

On Mon, 20 May 2024 23:57:12 -0700
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2024 23:30:49 +0000, BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>=20
> >> "Indigenous" isn=C3=A2=E2=82=AC=E2=84=A2' even a real thing. How do yo=
u claim that
> >> status? Shouldn't anybody who wants it just be able to say they
> >> are? =20
> >
> >Yep. I'm indigenous. I was born in Kentucky and I'm not from
> >anywhere else.
> >
> >And while you might say, yes, but your forebears aren't from North
> >America... well, that applies to the people who are considered
> >"indigenous", too. No flavor of human being is actually indigenous
> >to North America. We all originally came from somewhere else.
> >
> >But much like 'African-American', any white people who actually
> >qualify under their politically correct jargon will be told "that's
> >not what we mean". =20
>=20
> My forebears go back over 300 years in North America (not all lines of
> course, but I'm talking about my direct male line) so my attitude is
> "if that doesn't qualify me to describe myself as 'indigenous' there's
> something SERIOUSLY wrong with the system" - we're talking about men
> who fought in both the American Revolution and War of 1812 here.
>=20
> I strongly suspect most French Quebecers would feel the same way since
> there has been little or no immigration to Canada from France since
> 1700.

Actually, there has been SOME immigration to Canada from France since
the Seven Years War (aka The French and Indian Wars to Americans). I
came across one such gentleman a few years back and have seen others
mentioned, all still alive and well as far as I know, so they clearly
came long after the Seven Years War. I expect the numbers are very
small but not quite zero.

--=20
Rhino