Article <20240602110213.00003b25@yahoo.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240602110213.00003b25@yahoo.com>

From: Michael S <already5chosen@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: C23 thoughts and opinions
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 11:02:13 +0300

On Sat, 01 Jun 2024 01:27:41 GMT
scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> writes:

> >> C++ is in almost any case the better C.

> >> C++ is the wrong language for web applications.
> >> I like Java more for that.
> >
> >C++ is the wrong language for real time apps.
>
> That's an incorrect statement.
>
> > No memory allocation allowed.
>
> It is trivially easy to write C++ code that doesn't
> allocate memory dynamically.
>

> >I use C++ for my server side apps on my webserver.  Works great.
>
> I use C++ for operating systems (you can't get more real-time
> than that)

Engines control is FAR more real-time that OS, to list just one example
out of many.
Of course, nowadays most of these things are no longer done on
general-purpose CPUs or even MCUs.

> and bare-metal hypervisors.

It is hard to believe that you don't have at least one co-worker that
is begging to switch all new development to C approximately every week.
And couple of folks that beg for Rust.