Article <20240616123850.00002d93@yahoo.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240616123850.00002d93@yahoo.com>

From: Michael S <already5chosen@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: Whaddaya think?
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 12:38:50 +0300

On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 11:07:22 +0200
Janis Papanagnou <janis_papanagnou+ng@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 16.06.2024 10:11, Michael S wrote:
> >
> > Not sure what this code is supposed to do.
>
> Not sure what you're comment is supposed to tell me.

I hoped that after you would read the manual you will know.
But it obviously didn't work out.
So, I'd tell a little more:
1. It does not read one line of arbitrary length
2. There is more than one mistake
3. All mistakes seems to be caused by deep misconceptions about fgets()
and realloc().

> > However it looks unlikely that it does what you meant for it to do.
> > I recommend to read the [f*****g] manual.
> > https://cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fgets/
> > https://cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/realloc/
>
> I don't need the Web to access man pages. Thanks.
>
> Janis

May be not Web in general, but this particular site is more pleasant to
read than typical *nix man.
Besides, I don't know how it looks on your man page, but if it is
similar to one in link below then apart from relevant info it contains
few blah-blah paragraphs.
https://www.man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/fgets.3p.html