Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240630161642.00006a2a@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Rant Men's Clothes
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 16:16:42 -0400

On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 20:37:31 -0400

> On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 20:29:24 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 29 Jun 2024 23:19:46 -0000 (UTC)
> >"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I am going to rant. I went to a national department store to buy
> >> button down shirts, which I really needed. A year ago, I'd bought
> >> several shirts. They were driving me nuts because only one of the
> >> shirts had a pocket.
> >>
> >> I went through all of the shirts for sale in my size. Not a single
> >> shirt had a pocket. Who decreed that men's shirts no longer have
> >> pockets?
> >>
> >Some "fashion" guru has apparently decreed that shirts with pockets
> >are unfashionable and the manufacturers have apparently kowtowed to
> >this dictat. I'd say I was surprised but I'm not. It's how they've
> >rolled for years. I've been trying to find a plain T-shirt with a
> >chest pocket for at least a couple of years but anytime I go to a
> >store, there are none to be had. Mind you, I haven't checked every
> >store or catalogue so maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places....
> >

> It exists on Amazon. I've bought good quality t-shirts with the chest
> pocket.

That's good to hear. I'll have to order some if I can find something
plain; I don't want clothes adorned with giant logos for manufacturers.

> >> Then the matter of shoes. I need another pair of gym shoes/running
> >> shoes that fit. I wear them as my regular walking shoe. I have a
> >> weird shoe size, very long and very narrow.
> >>
> >> We have the men's shoe comspiracy in which manufacturers inflate
> >> the shoe size and ignore the shoe size standard.
> >>
> >> I saw a large number of shoes offered in my nominal size, so I
> >> knew it was pointless to try them on. They'd be too small.
> >>
> >> I bought a pair that was nominally a half size larger. It was too
> >> short.
> >>
> >> The pair I bought that was 2 1/2 sizes larger than my nominal shoe
> >> size wasn't too short.
> >>
> >Shoes are another peeve for me. That started years ago when I tried
> >to replace a pair of slippers that had worn out. I couldn't find a
> >single pair in the mall store I visited and asked one of the staff
> >about it. He told me they only carried slippers at Christmas time
> >because that was the only time they sold (or maybe only sold in
> >significant numbers). I still find that baffling because I used to
> >wear them year round and wouldn't want to wait until Christmas to
> >replace a worn-out pair.
>
> Which is one reason people are switching to buying most items through
> the Internet.

I strongly prefer to try a pair of shoes before I buy it. I can picture
weeks of waiting for packages, trying things on, finding them
unsatisfactory and sending them back before I finally find something
suitable. No thank you!

--
Rhino