Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240701a@crcomp.net>

From: "Don" <g@crcomp.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Omega
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2024 19:11:07 -0000 (UTC)

Cursitor Doom wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> For more decades than I care to remember, I've been using formulae
> such as Xc= 1/2pifL, Xl=2pifC, Fo=1/2pisqrtLC and such like without
> even giving a thought as to how omega gets involved in so many aspects
> of RF.  BTW, that's a lower-case, small omega meaning
> 2*pi*the-frequency-of-interest rather than the large Omega which is
> already reserved for Ohms. How does it keep cropping up? What's so
> special about the constant 6.283 and from what is it derived?
> Just curious...

    A Surprising Collision Phenomenon
    <https://redd.it/1dh7jvt>

    ... It's because most people are only taught that Pi applies
    to circles, but it also applies to things that are periodic
    (like the weights in the video perfectly bouncing off each
    other and the wall).

    But to go deeper, why would something periodic have Pi
    showing up in it? Because the math we invented to explain
    periodic things is called Trigonometry. Turns out trigonometry
    is based on (here it comes) circles.

    So, just about anything that has some repeating aspect to it
    can be described with math that relates it to a circle, and
    that is why Pi shows up. ...

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;