Article <20240723164739.d60ba6e9e8b850adf3887846@g{oogle}mail.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240723164739.d60ba6e9e8b850adf3887846@g{oogle}mail.com>

From: Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,sci.stat.math
Subject: Re: realloc() - frequency, conditions, or experiences about
 relocation?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 16:47:39 +0300
	<ug6r9j5caqlcasn784p8h63b8s1mhf5j26@4ax.com>

Rich Ulrich:

> Today, was looking at All Desks (Agent terminology) to see
> what was in Sent, and I noticed there were messages in
> Inbox -- Those were the messages that I thought Agent had
> failed to retrieve.  (Nice discussion there.)

Looking forward to your take on the problem.  Mine is rather
simplisitc, but can be easily tested with several
distributions. This is like extrapolation: we know the
optimal solution for the given distribution (exponential)
and want to devise a general method to get the optimal
solution for any given distribution.

Malcolm, if you are still interested, can you provide a test
program that measures some statiscits for various allocation
strategies on various distributions, inclusing the
exponential?