Article <225ea989d67a382cf3c87b745d4c27b2397b4e45@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<225ea989d67a382cf3c87b745d4c27b2397b4e45@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who knows that DDD correctly simulated by HHH cannot possibly
 reach its own return instruction final state?
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 21:39:13 -0400
 <v8lcir$3f6vr$4@dont-email.me> <v8ldcs$3fcgg$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8lem0$3ftpo$2@dont-email.me>
 <735401a612caec3eedb531311fd1e09b3d94521d@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lkdb$3h16a$1@dont-email.me>
 <5ee8b34a57f12b0630509183ffbd7c07804634b3@i2pn2.org>
 <v8ll4v$3h8m2$1@dont-email.me>
 <cbde765b8f9e769930b6c8589556907a41d9c256@i2pn2.org>
 <v8lm80$3h8m2$3@dont-email.me> <v8n6mq$3tv07$3@dont-email.me>
 <v8o14v$30uf$1@dont-email.me>
 <950d4eed7965040e841a970d48d5b6f417ff43dc@i2pn2.org>
 <v8oj1n$6kik$3@dont-email.me> <v8pvke$ih0a$1@dont-email.me>
 <4-qdnbdw1JzlRS37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <dca317e236dd975a3f030ae92ea0aa343833f029@i2pn2.org>
 <v8rpgd$15pid$1@dont-email.me>
 <ad3a7354ca32b7b9adb23db743347f3f12aaec63@i2pn2.org>
 <v8s1im$1b6r5$1@dont-email.me>
 <5VKdndWBS-oqCSz7nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 <v8s4rc$1bo1b$1@dont-email.me>
 <M1mdnT4RJLmH1S_7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
 <v8tic8$1m8fm$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/6/24 12:18 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/6/2024 10:58 AM, Mike Terry wrote:

>>> On 8/2/2024 8:19 PM, Mike Terry wrote:
>>>  > It's easy enough to say "PO has his own criterion for
>>>  > halting, which is materially different from the HP condition,
>>>  > and so we all agree PO is correct by his own criterion...
>>>

>> That is not agreeing that the first half of the Sipser approved
>> criteria is met.
>
> That <is> my own criterion. Whatever else could you mean?
> Do you still disagree with Ben on this point?

No, it isn't, because he means something different by the words than you do.

That seems to be your method of lying, lets words have different
meanings so you can play shell games with the truth.

>> I was clearly discussing Ben's comments.  If I had been agreeing with
>> your claim I would have said it explicitly - not that "it's easy
>> enough to say...".  I am very confident that if Sipser actually
>> understood how you were trying to misinterpret his words, he would
>> quickly point out that they do not apply in the scenario you propose.
>>

> <MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>      If simulating halt decider H correctly simulates its input D
>      until H correctly determines that its simulated D would never
>      stop running unless aborted then
>
>      H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D
>      specifies a non-halting sequence of configurations.
> </MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>
> void DDD()
> {
>    HHH(DDD);
>    return;
> }
>
> I propose that DDD correctly emulated by HHH according to
> the semantics of the x86 language would be required to abort
> its emulation of its finite string input of the x86 machine
> language of DDD.

But a correct emulation CAN'T abort, so you are just admitting that you
are lying.

> Do you think that professor Sipser would disagree with the
> semantics of the x86 language?

He doesn't, but you don't understand them. Once YOU decide that you will
make *THE* HHH to abort, then the logic you did about HHH correctly
emulating its input no longer applies, as the HHH that DDD calls IS that
HHH that you decide would abort, and thus DDD calls an HHH that aborts
and returns, and thus DDD will Halt.

> What is every single detail of exactly how you believe
> that Professor Sipser could possibly disagree?

That you HHH that aborts its simulation and return actually does a
correct simulation of the input to allow it to use the second clause.