Article <282cnUYalY69uaX7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<282cnUYalY69uaX7nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com>

From: Tyrone <none@none.none>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: google antitrust trial
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 00:28:16 +0000

On May 5, 2024 at 6:39:10 PM EDT, "Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>> Second, you clearly have no idea what a monopoly is.  Another fact.
>
> You can't reallt blame him since the US and EU politicians, and the
> management at Epic, etc. have no idea what a monopoly is either.
> Neither does any judge that lets the inane court cases last longer than
> two seconds.

Speaking of Epic, the judge in that case certainly knew.  "Being successful is
not illegal" is what he said to Epic.

>> Third, I know how the internet works. Is Google making any money by me posting
>> this? Is Apple?
>
> Google could well be. A *lot* of the internet runs on Google APIs, web
> fonts, etc. behind the scenes, but using a proper Usenet server (rather
> than a web-based one) should avoid that.

Nothing illegal there either.

> Apple is a monopoly in the sense that it's the only place making Apple
> devices ... but then that's how businesses work. If you want a Mustang
> car, you can only get it from Ford. If you want a Big Mac, you can only
> get it from McDonald's. Almost every business on the planet is a
> "monopoly" in terms of the intellectual property.

Monopolies exist in markets.  Not products. Thus Ford, McDonald's and Apple
are not monopolies.  There are plenty of choices in the car, fast food burger
and computer/phone markets.