Article <3fab253870efca80b8ea207faf3c9d29@www.novabbs.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<3fab253870efca80b8ea207faf3c9d29@www.novabbs.org>

From: mitchalsup@aol.com (MitchAlsup1)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: Stealing a Great Idea from the 6600
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 01:53:26 +0000
References: <lge02j554ucc6h81n5q2ej0ue2icnnp7i5@4ax.com> <e2097beb24bf27eed0a92f14596bd59e@www.novabbs.org> <in312jlca131khq3vj0i24n6pb0hah2ur5@4ax.com> <71acfecad198c4e9a9b14ffab7fc1cb5@www.novabbs.org> <1s042jdli35gdo092v6uaupmrcmvo0i5vp@4ax.com> <oj742jdvpl21il2s5a1ndsp3oidsnfjmr6@4ax.com> <dd1866c4efb369b7b6cc499d718dc938@www.novabbs.org> <acq62j98dhmguil5ebce6lq4m9kkgt1fs2@4ax.com> <kkq62jppr53is4r70n151jl17bjd5kd6lv@4ax.com> <9d1fadaada2ec0683fc54688cce7cf27@www.novabbs.org> <h8gd2jduqgk7i6decn0lj902pob7bud984@4ax.com>

John Savard wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:07:11 +0000, mitchalsup@aol.com (MitchAlsup1)
> wrote:
>>John Savard wrote:

>>> And, hey, I'm not the first guy to get sunk because of forgetting what
>>> lies under the tip of the iceberg that's above the water.
>>
>>> That also happened to the captain of the _Titanic_.
>>
>>Concer-tina-tanic !?!

> Oh, dear. This discussion has inspired me to rework the basic design
> of Concertina II _yet again_!

I suggest it is time for Concertina III.......

> The new design, not yet online, will have the following features:

> The code stream will continue to be divided into 256-bit blocks.

Why not a whole cache line ??