Article <4-qdnbVw1JztSi37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4-qdnbVw1JztSi37nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2024 08:45:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Who knows that DDD correctly simulated by HHH cannot possibly
 reach its own return instruction final state? BUT ONLY that DDD
Newsgroups: comp.theory
 <v8m331$3ju7r$1@dont-email.me>
 <3ecbe8eddd0f3644c7045e937ccaf6ddc1cdb3a9@i2pn2.org>
 <v8m5a5$3kbok$1@dont-email.me>
 <de8528a486cdc94aec9fc7dc3d0195fdce3b4fbe@i2pn2.org>
 <v8m93b$3l8jv$1@dont-email.me>
 <c50f1d87c5e386a7c388c982a4f7da8c5889e493@i2pn2.org>
 <v8ma68$3lgfl$1@dont-email.me>
 <03571f185bf16590c5e535908467086b1efaffef@i2pn2.org>
 <v8meta$3ma4t$1@dont-email.me>
 <b1e8c0c9b69cc026f777b37bbd49af5d2afddd21@i2pn2.org>
 <v8mqt0$3s736$1@dont-email.me>
 <1c483f9a972618a0db5c00e03b894c3fe6adc1fa@i2pn2.org>
 <v8nsho$1n09$4@dont-email.me> <v8pv8a$if6p$1@dont-email.me>
From: olcott <NoOne@NoWhere.com>

On 8/5/2024 2:33 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-08-04 12:35:04 +0000, olcott said:

>>> WHy do you say it is impossible, it just takes forever,
>>
>> A complete emulation is after all of the instructions have been
>> emulated. That never happens with any infinite execution.
>
> No, that is not what the words mean. A complete emulation is one that is
> continued as long as it can be continued. THe emulation is completed when
> all of its instructions are executed. A complete emulaton  that can be
> continues forever is complete but never completed.

That is incorrect. A completed task is a task where
there are no more steps to be accomplished.

When someone has completed the task of painting there house
they are all done. They do not have infinite steps left to go.
*It seems like you are simply being dishonest*
Are you being dishonest for trollish reasons?

Until you find any example where a task that has infinite
steps remaining can in any way be construed as complete,
a reasonable person would assume that you are not telling
the truth.

--
Copyright 2024 Olcott

  Arthur Schopenhauer