Article <4hgc2jl86ag6mgnsegsiv4tvk79lpno804@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4hgc2jl86ag6mgnsegsiv4tvk79lpno804@4ax.com>

From: Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.physics,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Knoppix Operating System :-)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 06:56:48 -0400

Physfitfreak <physfitfreak@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 11/8/23 18:11, Physfitfreak wrote:
>
>> I recently installed Linux Mint on an old computer.
>
>That computer soon after than got pissed at by my cats and went dead.
>
>I installed Linux mint again on a newer Dell computer (with SSD), and
>from a month back have been using nothing but that one. Did various
>different stuff on it. I should say, now, I like it better than Windows
>10. There's a good chance I'll never go back to Windows again.
>
>I'm glad I didn't start with Gentoo. If I had gone that route, by now I
>had either quit Linux altogether, or gone nuts about it like Farley.
>
>The level at which I use my computers doesn't ... how should I say it,
>is not in harmony with that much detail work and expertise in an OS to
>gain more control over how I want to use my computer.
>
>So like Joel, I prefer, certainly for now, to use Mint and get it over
>with.
>
>Ahah! The word is "justify" :-) My use of computers doesn't justify the
>effort required in learning Gentoo.

Mint is great, you can't go wrong.  Some people just want to be
"leet", so they have to make it harder to install or less pretty.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.