Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4ifg1j1uadn3opvi48vd6q3u3uok7t795g@4ax.com>

From: Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: A Complex Metaphysical Conundrum
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:52:24 +0100

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 15:08:44 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
<invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>"Cursitor Doom" <cd@notformail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:33:45 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
>> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>"Cursitor Doom" <cd@notformail.com> wrote in message

>>>I don't see any proof of anything in the section of the video you posted.
>>>I didn't watch the entire video.
>>>Maybe you should post the proof for this example in text and ask why a 30
>>>minute video is needed if a few lines of text is enough.
>>>DOCSIS isn't my field but I would have thought that the average cable
>>>modem
>>>could report whether or not it's happy with the signal levels.
>>>The ISP/Cable company I use ripped the cable and phone lines out and put
>>>fibre to the home into the small town I live in about a year ago.
>>>So DOCSIS is history here.
>>>

>> Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across very well at all via this medium!
>> John knows what I mean as we're both veterans here. I actually agree
>> with you. The question itself is just plain stupid if the answer
>> suggests that two absolute quantities added together cannot make an
>> absolute total.
>
>Pompous twit might be going a bit far but that's what came to mind while I
>watched a few minutes of the video.
>The guy with the headphones seems embarrassed.
>
>I did manage to find this
>https://www.scte.org/standards/library/catalog/scte-270-mathematics-of-cable/
>I'll add it to my collection of pdfs I've had a quick look through but never
>read.

The guy with the phones introduces him as a 50 year veteran of the
cable industry but doesn't set out his precise qualifications, so
perhaps he has none!
Thanks for the link. I save all such documents for off-line reading on
plane flights and such like.