Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4ij3ikxjj6.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

From: "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: What evfect will 5G have on 4G?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 12:49:08 +0200

On 2024-05-23 06:51, micky wrote:

> Since 5G cells are smaller than prior cells, 4G and earlier, when 5G is
> well-established, won't they still have to keep 4G to reach into the
> unpopulated woods, mountains, and deserts as far as cellular signals go
> now?
>
> Surely they don't plan to build even more 5G cell towers in unpopoulated
> areas where it hasn't been worth it to build a smallar number of 4G
> towers.

The other day I read that here (Spain) three companies have agreed to
jointly use 5G on the 700 Mhz band on rural areas.

https://www.adslzone.net/noticias/operadores/movistar-vodafone-masorange-acuerdo-historico-0524/

Movistar, Vodafone and MasOrange sign a historic agreement that is
unprecedented

With a totally unexpected agreement in the telecommunications industry,
Movistar, Vodafone and MasOrange are willing to make an impact in the
Spanish market . The three operators have agreed to seal an alliance
that will change the rules so that there is a radical change in the way
in which customers access their services.

There were many people who hoped that something like this would come
true. Movistar, MasOrange and Vodafone have agreed to share the spectrum
of their 5G frequencies so that a revolution can occur in the mobile
telephone sector in our country. With this, they will share the 700 MHz
frequency and will ensure that citizens living in rural areas can
benefit from a notable improvement. Not only will they have more hiring
capacity, but they will also enjoy better levels of connection. For the
way in which 5G services are offered in Spain, it is a very high-level
change.

Cheers, Carlos.