Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4q3q2j5l1iir4rfjo5afc0eueg6ligi10t@4ax.com>

From: legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: CCFL transformer
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:49:28 -0400

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:24:36 -0400, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 01:36:06 +1000, Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
<snip>
>>There's a least one truly horrible 1969 text book on transformer design
>>
>>https://www.amazon.com.au/Soft-Ferrites-Applications-C-Snelling/dp/0408027606
>>
>>and it took me years to realise quite how confusing it was.
>
>In my day, it was considered to be the bible, but I could never
>afford a copy, so depended on photocopies and library access.

Anyone depending on library access these days will be sorely
disappointed.

Can't even enter the Sanford Fleming these days without electronic
verification that you're a paid-up local student or researcher.

Used to be able to just walk in, buy photocopier time and have
at it.

The usefull journals are no longer kept in physical stacks, for
the simple physical browser, either.

RL