Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<579pckx0eg.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

From: "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: I found information about saving tickets in Google Wallet.
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 21:29:57 +0100

On 2024-03-19 19:30, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Newyana2 <Newyana2@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>> "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote
>>
>> | We were talking recently about this in thread "Save tickets in an
>> emmail?".
>>
>>   That was my friend. Several days later she still can't get the
>> tickets to entirely load in the email and logging into Ticketmaster
>> hangs. She tried chat. No luck. She finally got hold of a human
>> at Ticketmaster. They tried to walk her through it. No luck. They
>> explicitly told her that printing out the tickets (if she ever manages
>> to load them again) is not an option. She must go to the circus
>> using her cellphone as ticket. She could save the tickets in
>> Google Wallet/Pay (it's not clear what the difference is) but that
>> hurdle has to wait for actually getting the tickets loaded.
>>
>>    At one point she was able to load the tickets. By that I mean
>> she clicked the link in their email and got images of seat numbers
>> and a barcode. But saving to Wallet failed. Now she can't get the
>> barcode to show up.
>
>    Isn't that - not being able to 'load'/display the tickets in the
> e-mail - not a problem with her computer, browser, <whatever)?
>
>    Have you tried to let her forward the e-mail to you and let you try?
>
>    If you can display the ticket/barcode, then - as I said - make a
> screenshot and either directly send the screenshot to her, or - probably
> better - print the screenshot to a PDF and send the PDF to her.

They absolutely must contemplate a method of having the tickets for
those people without a mobile phone.

Or those without Google Wallet, because they use iphones.

Anyway, all this is off-topic in this thread, which aim is solely to
explain the two methods, Wallet or Pkpass.

The ticketmaster problem has its own thread.

--
Cheers, Carlos.