Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<5cacvihqf25ne5d0a2k5rbhm0k5a83cuk8@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 9-16, 2024
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 19:31:58 -0400

On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:50:57 -0400, Robin Miller
<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>	ABC news
>

>‘Station 19’ Bosses Encourage Viewers To Watch & Tweet Season 7, Echoing
>Fan-Led Campaign To Save Show  (March 14)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/save-station-19-cancelation-campaign-1235855457/

Seems unlikely to work since this is a shortened season.

>Ty Burrell Comedy ‘Forgive & Forget’ Lands Pilot Order At ABC  (March 14)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/ty-burrell-comedy-forgive-and-forget-pilot-order-abc-1235858816/
>
>["The show, which comes from 20th Television, follows perennial life of
>the party Hank (Burrell). After an unexpected diagnosis, Hank reconnects
>with his responsible adult son Ben in hopes of making new memories
>together."]
>

>‘Abbott Elementary’: Lana Condor, Keegan-Michael Key, Cree Summer & More
>To Appear In Already Star-Studded Season 3  (March 11)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/abbott-elementary-lana-condor-keegan-michael-key-cree-summer-guest-star-1235854656/

>	CBS news
>

>Detective Drama ‘Grace’ In The Works At CBS From DeVon Franklin As
>Producer Reups Overall Deal With CBS Studios  (March 15)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/detective-drama-grace-cbs-devon-franklin-renews-overall-deal-cbs-studios-1235859543/
>
>["Grace follows a true-blue detective known for his brash, cynical style
>and a passionate, community-focused pastor who wears her heart on her
>sleeve reluctantly partner to solve complex crimes as they debate their
>divergent beliefs while attempting to ignore their growing chemistry."]

Why is a pastor going to be involved in solving crimes? I could see it
if the crime involved a member of her church but beyond that?

>‘NCIS: Origins’ Sets Mariel Molino To Join Austin Stowell In CBS Prequel
>Series  (March 15)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-mariel-molino-austin-stowell-cbs-prequel-1235859580/
>

>Is CBS Daytime Poised For Shakeup? Soap ‘The Gates’ In Works Raises
>Questions For Future Of ‘The Talk’  (March 14)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/cbs-new-soap-the-gates-the-talk-1235856210/
>

>‘The Young And The Restless’ Star Melody Thomas Scott On Her 45th
>Anniversary & Why Soaps Continue To Survive ­ Guest Column  (March 12)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/young-and-the-restless-star-melody-thomas-scott-45th-anniversary-column-1235855419/
>

>‘Ghosts’ Renewed For Season 4 At CBS  (March 12)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/ghosts-renewed-season-4-cbs-1235856169/
>

>‘Fire Country’ Scores Season 3 Renewal At CBS  (March 12)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/fire-country-season-3-renewal-cbs-1235856143/

>	CW news
>

>The CW, Roku, Stan & Jeff Wachtel Team For Comedic Procedural ‘Good
>Cop/Bad Cop’ Starring Leighton Meester  (March 11)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/stan-cw-roku-jeff-wachtel-good-cop-bad-cop-streamer-slate-australia-1235854386/

>	NBC news
>

>‘Suits L.A.’: Bryan Greenberg Joins Stephen Amell In NBC Pilot  (March 14)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/suits-l-a-bryan-greenberg-stephen-amell-nbc-pilot-1235859058/
>

>	Streaming service news--Disney+
>

>‘Doctor Who’: BBC & Disney+ Set Simultaneous Global Premiere Date
>(March 15)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/doctor-who-bbc-disney-simultaneous-global-premiere-date-1235859202/

So it's finally coming but we know the new companion has already been
replaced.

>["The show, which stars Ncuti Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor with Millie
>Gibson as his companion Ruby Sunday, will launch on Disney+ in the U.S.
>and internationally on Friday May 10 at 7pm ET."]
>

>‘X-Men ’97’ Writer Beau DeMayo Exits Marvel/Disney+ Animated Series Just
>Ahead Of Premiere  (March 12)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/x-men-97-beau-demayo-exits-marvel-disney-plus-animated-series-1235856406/

Is it really an exit when he's fired and is apparently fighting back.

>Jennifer Holland Says ‘Peacemaker’ Season 2 Starts Filming This Summer
>[Max]  (March 9)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/jennifer-holland-peacemaker-season-2-filming-summer-1235851604/

Will be interesting to see how this turns out given the changes in
management.

>‘Atlas’ Trailer: Jennifer Lopez Fights To Save Humanity In Sci-Fi
>Thriller From Netflix  (March 13)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/atlas-trailer-jennifer-lopez-netflix-sci-fi-thriller-1235857253/
>
>["The pic, which opens May 24, follows Atlas Shepherd (Lopez), a
>brilliant but misanthropic data analyst with a deep distrust of
>artificial intelligence, who joins a mission to capture a renegade robot
>with whom she shares a mysterious past. But when plans go awry, her only
>hope of saving the future of humanity from AI is to trust it."]
>

>Prime Video Sets ‘Outer Range’ Season 2 Premiere  (March 13)
>
>https://deadline.com/2024/03/outer-range-season-2-premiere-1235856797/

Another show that people have likely forgotten since it's been a while
since season 1.