Article <5f4ffa73ec3c77e58e38550690ef2a36e2a20bfe@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<5f4ffa73ec3c77e58e38550690ef2a36e2a20bfe@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: V5 --- Professor Sipser
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 20:54:16 -0400
 <va3lai$3nd5c$2@dont-email.me> <va46sd$3pr24$1@dont-email.me>
 <va4mle$3s0hu$1@dont-email.me>
 <5591ff08ed8f7b4bdf33813681e156b775efe0ec@i2pn2.org>
 <va63uu$2fo9$1@dont-email.me>
 <b0a86b6a1343ebb5f9112ae757768a7cbbc770b2@i2pn2.org>
 <va65r8$6ht7$1@dont-email.me>
 <26fadbf7b8cb5f93dbe18bffeff6e959251f9892@i2pn2.org>
 <va6b4n$7boc$1@dont-email.me>
 <b19eb2a29dacfa67f2f9ced0d03234e980f4c985@i2pn2.org>
 <va6edj$8f0p$1@dont-email.me>
 <e20689d26c224e4923146d425843348539ce6065@i2pn2.org>
 <va7tb3$h3la$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/22/24 1:42 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/22/2024 12:28 PM, joes wrote:

>>> THIS EXACTLY MATCHES THE SIPSER APPROVED CRITERIA The finite HHH(DDD)
>>> emulates itself emulating DDD exactly once and this is sufficient for
>>> this HHH to predict what a different HHH(DDD) do that never aborted its
>>> emulation of its input.
>> That other HHH still has to simulate the HHH that aborts.
>>

> That is not what the words mean.
> HHH(DDD) simulates itself simulating DDD until
> it has the basis to prove that this will keep
> repeating until aborted. Then the outermost
> directly executed HHH aborts its own DDD.

Nope, You don't understand the meaning of the words, or even, it seems,
what a PROGRAM is.

HHH is a program, and thus a defined behavior, and thus DDD has a
defined behavior.

HHH, to be CORRECT, needs to answer if the actual DDD that is there will
halt whan it is run, which equivalently would be if an unaborted
emulation of DDD would reach a final state. Since HHH doesn't do that,
it can't use its own partial emulation by itself to establish that (but
could possible form a correct induction proof that the unaborted
emulation of THIS input would not halt, even though HHH aborts its
emulation and returns.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that the decider needs to look
at the WHOLE PROGRAM it is given, and not LIE that some other input is
what it was actually giiven.

You are just showing you don't understand that truth needs to look at
what is, not what we want it to be.