Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<5gmq2j5gvem9pn5cf75qr63i9pf3p7g7ng@4ax.com>

From: John Larkin <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: CCFL transformer
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 13:16:07 -0700

On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:56:21 +0200, Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund
<klauskvik@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 24-04-2024 07:10, Bill Sloman wrote:
>> On 24/04/2024 12:25 pm, John Larkin wrote:

>>> Can you use a C-W multiplier?
>>>
>>> For low current, you can do resonant tricks too.
>>
>> It's easier to use a voltage doubler or tripler that it is to find a
>> multi-section former off-the shelf. The occasional high voltage power
>> supply that I've dismantled clearly used proprietary formers, as do the
>> Coilcraft parts
>>

>I am using it for pulse generation, so cannot use a capacitive doubler

I expect that you can't push a decent-looking pulse through a CCFL
transformer. Look at the pics on the Coilcraft page. Those things are
probably designed to have a huge leakage inductance. That makes sense,
since gas tubes are negative resistances.

Of course, we don't know what kind of pulses you need.

Some sort of Marx generator would be fun.

My Pockels Cell driver uses a resonant boost thing with a SiC fet. It
goes from 48v to 1400v in one step.

https://www.highlandtechnology.com/Product/T850