Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<5oaaajd5jbe26vo1p13kdo9tiirg36l2ne@4ax.com>

From: Rich Ulrich <rich.ulrich@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: Re: irfanview is good at... extracting a page (as Jpg, Png) from a PDF file.
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 13:22:59 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jul 2024 18:02:15 -0400, Tony Cooper
<tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

>>             bulk re-naming ---- i've never wanted to do this.
>
>That's up to your own system.  Images come out of the camera with
>descriptors determined by the camera.  In my case, my Nikon names an
>image something like _DNC4911.dng.  I re-name the image
>2024-07-26-1.dng or whatever the date is.   The image is then adjusted
>in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop and saved or exported as a .tif, .psd,
>.png, or .jpg depending on the intended use.
>
>If I link to one of my images, the file name in that format tells you
>when that image was taken.  Associating the date-taken with the image
>by making it the file name has many advantages.

I found the date-as-name extremely useful when I set about
organizing the files I obtained when I had 10,000 slides scanned.
They had been shot by my dad, featuring celebrations, vacations
(people and viewss) and special events. This was about 30 years
after he died, after my mom moved and was sorting things out,
so discoloration was the problem that was more time-consuming
than figuring the actual, original dates.

I have also found useful a free program called Bulk Rename Utility,
which gives great flexibility in re-defining names.

--
Rich Ulrich