Article <60be00c59f11a2981b0a8a3f4a03552ccfd261c8@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<60be00c59f11a2981b0a8a3f4a03552ccfd261c8@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: V5 --- Professor Sipser
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 23:11:50 -0400
 <va3lai$3nd5c$2@dont-email.me> <va46sd$3pr24$1@dont-email.me>
 <va4mle$3s0hu$1@dont-email.me>
 <5591ff08ed8f7b4bdf33813681e156b775efe0ec@i2pn2.org>
 <va63uu$2fo9$1@dont-email.me>
 <b0a86b6a1343ebb5f9112ae757768a7cbbc770b2@i2pn2.org>
 <va65r8$6ht7$1@dont-email.me>
 <26fadbf7b8cb5f93dbe18bffeff6e959251f9892@i2pn2.org>
 <va6b4n$7boc$1@dont-email.me>
 <b19eb2a29dacfa67f2f9ced0d03234e980f4c985@i2pn2.org>
 <va6edj$8f0p$1@dont-email.me> <va6s5i$c9tl$1@dont-email.me>
 <va7cof$ebdg$1@dont-email.me>
 <e12d5d2caec39f6964f567343dad8333a92970fe@i2pn2.org>
 <va7et1$ebdg$6@dont-email.me>
 <014d24acf43dc57225d2f616618267dd6f94bb8d@i2pn2.org>
 <va8o7n$o6er$1@dont-email.me>
 <c681fb4eb0d1402c5478af3876da12e423d36f2b@i2pn2.org>
 <va8p99$ok13$1@dont-email.me>
 <a088f0304d7d70cc24fcf1836a79723e5877709d@i2pn2.org>
 <va8tkd$p4le$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/22/24 10:54 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/22/2024 9:31 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> That is NOT what the words actually say.
>>> I hope you don't get condemned to Hell over this.
>>>

>> Yes, it is, at least when you understand the TECHNICAL meaning of the
>> words in Computation Theory.
>
> Termination analyzers in software engineering are
> isomorphic to partial halt deciders in computer
> science you really can't get away with saying otherwise
> and not look foolish.

Then they must follow the same rules (or you are lying that they are
isomoprhic).

Deciders of program behavior must be given PROGRAMS, which always
contain ALL of the code used by it, thus for DDD, it includes the HHH
that it calls.

Incomplete descriptions that just don't contain everything are just
incorrect.

Also, "Termination analyzers" are NOT the same thing as a Halt Deciders,
as the term "Termination Analyzers" refer to something that decides if a
given program will Halt on ALL POSSIBLE inputs, rather than the specific
given input that a Halt Decider decides on.

Sorry, you are just proving your ignorance of what you are trying to
talk about.