Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<62cf52d8-3f23-d139-395c-fef09714c2ae@invalid.nospam>

From: Newyana2 <newyana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: How will the police find me.
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 08:06:37 -0400

On 5/19/2024 9:58 PM, knuttle wrote:

> If you had Been in the Boy Scouts you would learn to live in the woods
> without a electronic device of any type.  You would learn about mark or
> finding marks so you could retrace your path.  You would learn about
> finding your direction so you do not get lost.
>
> Learn to be in the woods before you go off wandering on a hike depending
> on your cellphone.  Knowledge of the Woods will save your life when your
> batteries expire.

    Also of note is that Micky's sample scenario starts
with him having his cellphone either broken or stolen.
He then goes on to enjoy a high-tech trail map and expects
the police to find him via GPS, presumably because his
cellphone number alone always shows where he is.

    I think that the way it turns out is that Micky's ex
figures out the GPS and helps the police track down the
criminal who stole Micky's cellphone. She ends up a hero.
Meanwhile, Micky has a broken leg. He's stuck on the
trail, bending the ear of a weary grizzly bear who's trying
desperately to find an excuse to leave. "Whoa! Sorry Micky.
I think I just saw a salmon walk by. Gotta go!"

     But Micky
does finally get saved, because an alien spaceship on
patrol in those woods happens to notice that Micky's
cellphone number has been stopped on a trail for hours
without moving. In the end it all ends well. Micky is awarded
an honorary Eagle Scout medal and gets a lucrative contract
working as a translator at Area 51....

    Don't miss Season 2 of Micky Gets By, when Micky struggles
with humidity possibly affecting his computer and takes his
emergency to 9 newsgroups. It's non-stop action.