Article <65fdf761$0$11906$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<65fdf761$0$11906$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: iconv "versions"
Date: 22 Mar 2024 21:25:53 GMT

Le 17-03-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
> On 17 Mar 2024 21:53:30 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
>

>> From what I see at work, in a, not that old, Windows VM, it's still not
>> utf-8 by default.
>>

> You stupid jackass.

Yes, I already know that. You should try to tell me things I don't
already know.

> The Microslop default is UTF-16,

Not from what I see.

> which is a very poor choice compared to GNU/Linux UTF-8.

UTF-8 is not related with Linux. It's used by Linux. It's not the same
thing.

> But the fact that you did not know this only proves your total
> incompetence.

Coming from you, I like that.

>> The old
>> encodings had a purpose long time ago. Now, they are done and they
>> should stay only in museums.
>
> The "old" encodings are far more common than an incompetent idiot
> like you can realize.

Because some morons like you still try to promote them.

> I am the expert

That's a funny joke.

> Your opinion is worth less than dog shit.

It's not about opinion. It's about facts. None of the old encodings
allow many languages to be used at the same time.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io