Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<65ff5116$0$4189$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:00:53 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: More Nails in the Global Warming Scam's Coffin
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user@example.net>

On 3/23/2024 5:23 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 20:43:15 +0000, liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid
> (Liz Tuddenham) wrote:
>
>> john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>> Most people are bored with it already, and politicians are getting the
>>> message, and don't want to be blamed for unrelible, expensive
>>> electricity and for job losses.
>>
>> Unfortunately for many politicians, they have pubilcly proclaimed their
>> support for the scams and mirages of the 'activists' and even laid out
>> timetables for *when* they are going to achieve them, though not*how*
>> they are going to achieve them.
>>

>>> Electric car sales seem to have peaked.
>>
>> In the news bulletin on Radio Romania International a couple of nights
>> ago they proudly proclaimed that sales of electric cars in Romania had
>> reached 12,000 last year.  A little leter the mentioned that the Ford
>> factory was turning out 1,000 engines per day.  I assume they know the
>> difference between 'engines' (petrol or diesel) and electric motors, so
>> it looks as though electric car production is absolutely miniscule by
>> comparison.
>
> Long may it remain so. Almost all the early adopters of EV production
> were the well-in crowd who knew they were going to benefit hugely from
> all the subsidies they would enjoy at taxpayers' expense. Seeing them
> take a bath on their investment would warm the cockles of my heart no
> end.

Meanwhile, cranky wingnut "I don't believe in dat climate change stuff!"
owners of beachfront property (naturally!) want the state/taxpayer to
pitch in to save their property from the rising sea:

<https://www.instagram.com/krazykarens2020/reel/C4mb8m3LLO8/>

I expect they're going to take a heart-warming bath, alright. "Them
dirty poors are stealing our hard-earned money! Taxation is theft by the
state! Ack here comes the sea, come save us mommy state! Glub, glub,
glub..."