Article <661998bb$0$7510$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<661998bb$0$7510$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: Gentoo and the XZ Backdoor
Date: 12 Apr 2024 20:25:31 GMT

Le 08-04-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
> The hot security topic, for those that are not total idiots,

OK, so you aren't concerned. Good to know.

> is the XZ backdoor.

You improved: no mistake on those two letters this time.

> As it turns out, Gentoo Linux, although it is NOT affected due to its
> rejection of standard systemd,

Please. Don't be like -highhorse. Don't forgot the answers I gave you. I
already provided you links showing you can be affected even without
systemd.

> was one of the first distros to report
> some "funny stuff" happening:
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/925415
>
> Whoa ho!  Read down the list of posts and you will find a post by
> "Jia Tan," the supposed mastermind of the XZ backdoor.

You should have read down a little bit further. When I read this message
I didn't understood how it was related with the back door. And at the
bottom, it's written: it's not related. You should try to understand
what you copy/past to avoid nullifying yourself your impressive
mediocrity.

> This is interesting but totally irrelevant.  As indicated, Gentoo,
> because it rejects that piece-of-shit systemd as default, is totally
> unaffected.

As indicated, you are wrong. Once again. Gentoo is unaffected because it
downgraded the affected version.

> But distro lackeys, who likely use Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, or Fedora,
> had better start shitting their pants.  Their distros are targeted
> by sophisticated hackers.

And once again you are wrong. It's impressive how you don't know
anything about the subjects you raise. The distros you named are
unaffected because they use older versions than the ones affected.

> Brother, if you aren't using Gentoo Linux, then run, don't walk
> to the nearest mental asylum.

Why? To see you there?

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :