Article <663cefd7$0$7067$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<663cefd7$0$7067$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 11:46:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Genocide Joe is beginning to stink like Lyndon B. Johnson
Newsgroups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.arts.tv,uk.comp.sys.mac,edm.general,sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user@example.net>

On 5/9/2024 11:33 AM, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2024 11:09:26 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> I have two current designs where I muck the feedback node of a
>>> spread-spectrum switcher chip to use it as either a programmable power
>>> supply, or an amplifier.
>>>
>>> The simple one powers about 130 12-volt relays. We run them at 12
>>> volts whenever we reprogram them, and after a few milliseconds drop
>>> down to 8 volts to save power.

>>> People keep re-inventing the "analog FPGA" but none seem to AFbeen
>>> successful. There must be some deep fundamental reason why.
>>
>> Inertia? Have to use your brain?
>>
>>> OTP on a leadless package isn't appealing.
>>>
>>> A fierce uP with flash memory and some ADC and DAC channels is more
>>> useful.
>>
>> There aren't a lot of fierce uPs at the price, not ones with
>> well-documented tookits and APIs in English, anyway.
>>

> RP2040.

Actually I probably don't need anything as complicated as an integrated
buck converter controller, anyway. Hard to believe this topology is
patented but I guess so long as I don't use something similar for
"digital audio"??

<https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/95/9c/87/a0741208b77066/US20070210861A1.pdf>