Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<663e65d0$0$16413$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: 10 May 2024 18:22:08 GMT

Le 08-05-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
> On Wed, 8 May 2024 01:43:09 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>

>> Python is fast becoming the de-facto-standard high-level language for
>> quick programming tasks.
>
> Perl is better.
>
> Popularity always indicates inferiority.
>
> Always stick with the underdog.

OK, follow your own advice for once:
- one of the best book on Perl (not by my choices but by the number of
  time I heard about it) is Higher-Order. It explains that one of the
  issue with Perl is that the programmers are using Perl almost a C when
  Perl is closer to LISP than to C and they should use it differently.
- when you compare the number of great books with the number of
  programmers, you can see that LISP is over represented. Once again,
  not by my word but by the number of time I hear about lists of great
  books for programmer. The Science and Interpretation of Computer
  Programs is very often present. A little bit less but very often
  nevertheless is Paradigmes of Artificial Intelligence Programming is
  often strongly advised, too.
- LISP is clearly the underdog compared with Perl. And even good Perl
  programmers says using Perl in a LISP way is better than using it in a
  C way.

So, you should follow your own advice, for once, and forget about Perl
to switch to LISP.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io