Article <66420697$1$8482$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66420697$1$8482$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 08:25:09 -0400
Subject: Re: cpu-x
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>

> On Sat, 11 May 2024 14:35:35 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> What, you never read that stupid, impenetrable, restrictive GuhNoo GPL
> 3
>> (under which CPU-X is released)?
>
> I have. I also followed the very public and transparent process under
> which the FSF put together that licence, with a lot of public consultation
> along the way.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.

And can the IDIOT lawyer that wrote this part be disbarred for IDIOCY?

"When you convey a covered work, you waive any legal power to forbid
circumvention of technological measures to the extent such circumvention
is effected by exercising rights under this License with respect to the
covered work, and you disclaim any intention to limit operation or
modification of the work as a means of enforcing, against the work's
users, your or third parties' legal rights to forbid circumvention of
technological measures." - GuhNoo GPL 3