Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6642fa2b$0$8100$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 01:44:11 -0400
Subject: Re: UN General Assembly backs Palestinian bid for membership
Newsgroups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.arts.tv,uk.comp.sys.mac,edm.general,sci.electronics.design
From: bitrex <user@example.net>

On 5/14/2024 1:26 AM, Sharx335 wrote:

>> Good thing asymptotically nobody is majoring in political science,
>> journalism, or pure sociology anymore, much less liberal arts!
>>
>> 1 in 5 degrees is a business degree, with the next 25% filled in by
>> some kind of healthcare. The future is managers..
>
> I soon learned that it would be perilous if I wrote a paper supporting a
> premise NOT supported by the professor assigning it. It would be marked
> far harder than a paper supporting a professor-approved premise.

Such as?

Yes, academia can be a remarkably top-down and rigidly hierarchical
place, for someplace purportedly full of Marxists. not news.

In general though it's difficult for professors to be completely
objective, and there's always the one person in the class who's like
"heh. yeah. Stupid humanities PhD, thinks she's so smart. I'mma show
this leftist CUNT what's up."

Then they "mark you harder" in the sense that they just grade you very
strictly on the work vs. the bump they have to give everyone else so
everyone isn't doing as bad as you in the class, and then they have no
job no mo, because undergrad writing almost universally sucks ass.