Article <66435e8b$0$6543$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66435e8b$0$6543$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Subject: Re: Windows victims: go ahead and pretend you don't want or need
 the greatest PC software available
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
	<v1b2u5$2ln8f$1@dont-email.me> <v1d5js$37vta$1@dont-email.me>
	<v1d890$38ipq$3@dont-email.me> <v1dkd3$3bcdt$2@dont-email.me>
	<v1emo6$3mufo$4@dont-email.me> <v1fr2o$3urp9$2@dont-email.me>
	<v1hrir$gq62$1@dont-email.me>
	<663cbb0a$0$7181$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1llp2$1fduo$7@dont-email.me>
	<663eaba3$0$7062$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1ocli$25j98$4@dont-email.me>
	<66400c90$0$7171$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1ug0k$3tlkd$15@dont-email.me>
Date: 14 May 2024 12:52:27 GMT

On Tue, 14 May 2024 01:50:13 +0000, candycanearter07 wrote:

> Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote at 00:25 this Sunday (GMT):

>>> Like Microsoft's own system apps that revert to some old-style GUI
>>> rather than the flat-ass Win 10+ interface?
>>>
>>> Or applications that provide their own window decoration no matter
>>> what OS they're on?
>>
>> To be fair, no one uses Windows' system apps. WordPad's lack of use, in
>> particular, is a shame. It really was more than most people needed.
>
> Notepad usually filled that need.. and it was the default. Though a
> random fun fact, WordPad is stored in Win32, making it technically a
> system-required app.

Yet it is no longer going to be loaded onto computer using new Windows 11
versions. I presure people will still be able to install it through the
Optional System Components or whatever it is called, but it won't be there
by default. You'll need to use the online office.com suite instead. It is
better, but your documents are stored on Microsoft's servers, and you need
to be online to use it... as far as I know.