Article <6643680b$0$2363149$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6643680b$0$2363149$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 09:33:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Linux victims: go ahead and pretend you don't want or need the
 greatest PC software available
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>

On 5/14/2024 4:48 AM, Lameass Larry Piet wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2024 01:50:14 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:

> But if a competent programmer ever discovered that you compress
> text documents with JPEG, then your reputation would take a nose
> dive.

It was Ahlstrom that did that, not candycane.

Regardless, who the fuck are you to be talking about odd uses of technology?

LibreOffice has the capability to use CSV (i.e. text) files as
a read-only relational database.  IOW, complex SQL queries can be
executed on the CSV data tables.

Just create each table as a separate CSV file and drop all tables
into a single directory.  Then create a LO database using the directory.
LO will interpret each file in the directory as a table.

It's a simple but powerful way to store data and generate various reports.

Furthermore, the CSV data can be read and written back with LO Calc
which will allow deletions and updates.

In fact, I have chosen this method for my payroll processing program
which is a lot simpler than invoking a humongous SQL database like
MariaDB.

Carny-faced GuhNoo/LeeberOffice bitch Feeb, Jun 2019

What a clown.