Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6647464b$0$2422121$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Subject: Re: cpu-x
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
	<v1f0m2$3ot7f$3@dont-email.me> <v1fr57$3urp9$3@dont-email.me>
	<v1jqfo$v3os$3@dont-email.me>
	<663fba6f$1$6436$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1rjs9$31trl$2@dont-email.me>
	<66420697$1$8482$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v1u5l4$3nmqc$4@dont-email.me>
	<6643705f$1$2363137$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v21a4n$lc8c$1@dont-email.me>
	<6644ae37$5$1258343$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v23hna$15hep$2@dont-email.me>
	<66455eba$0$2363132$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<v26isn$20265$9@dont-email.me>
Date: 17 May 2024 11:58:03 GMT

On Fri, 17 May 2024 03:28:23 +0000, RonB wrote:

> On 2024-05-16, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:

>>> [snip]

>>> And aren't updated as often.
>>
>> That's a good point. The licenses users of proprietary software might
>> have agreed to on day one will become so different by day three that
>> the terms might not be so agreeable. We've all received those e-mails
>> from services telling us that the terms have changed. Many of those
>> terms have, in the past few years, become increasingly restrictive.
>
> That's why I don't bother reading them, I know they're going to get more
> restrictive every time. And it's also why I'm moving most of my mail
> away from Yahoo and Gmail and to other providers, like Vivaldi and
> Yandex — and maybe Posteo. I don't trust Google (or Yahoo) to NOT shut
> down my email account if I don't toe the Woke line. Google was started
> with grant money from the NSA and its CEO for several years was an
> ex-CIA wonk.

I'm not sure how woke Posteo is, but I know that e-mails from Gab and
Rumble are blocked by default by their spam system. I have to change the
settings to make sure they come through. However, since all of my e-mail
is encrypted as are the contacts and address book, I have no reason to
believe they have any kind of useful access to my account. I trust that
whoever maintains their spam filter isn't conservative, but that he, she,
ze, xe or whatever else doesn't mind my circumtventing their decision.

> No fan of Google or Yahoo anymore (unfortunately I once was). Remember
> when Yahoo was the place to go when you wanted to get around the
> Internet? Hopefully we'll get that point with Google in the not too
> distant future. Moving their Chrome browser to Manifest 3 might be the
> first chink in their armor. (We'll see. Probably not, but I can hope.)

I never much liked Yahoo or found their search engine useful. Even when it
was "the best," it was rather awful. I think I used to use altavista back
then which gave me much better results.