Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66474809$0$7059$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Subject: Re: "let's go Brandon".
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 17 May 2024 12:05:29 GMT

On Fri, 17 May 2024 03:51:45 +0000, RonB wrote:

> On 2024-05-16, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:

>>> Wait until the Great Debate.  I don't know why Trump agreed to the
>>> terms.
>>> It will be like the Romney 'debate' where he wound up debating the
>>> moderator rather than Obama.
>>
>> Yep, they will make sure of it. Trump's desperation to get a debate out
>> of the ghoul led him to step into a trap set for him by the Democrats
>> and CNN. Both will work together to give him ridiculous questions to
>> which there is no good answer.
>
> It's not like politicians ever answer these questions anyhow. They all
> find ways to avoid them, and then go directly into their spiel. I would
> like to see a real, traditional, debate sometime — where they would have
> to go beyond sound bites. (Not that this would ever happen.)

At least you aren't subjected to the mess of a debate we've had between
candidates in Canada. For one, they always reject allowing the only true
right-wing candidate, Maxime Bernier, from participating. He's "Hitler,"
after all. Whoever remains just spends the next two hours saying "we need
to spend more on x, shame on whoever is in power for not spending on x."
It's laughable, especially when our Prime Minister spends every debate
talking over everyone to make himself look good. For some reason, citizens
think that a guy who needlessly interrupts and talks over everyone's
answer is strong.