Article <6650d407$0$3265$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<6650d407$0$3265$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN
Date: 24 May 2024 17:53:11 GMT

Le 22-05-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
> What DE do REAL MEN use?  There is one and only one:
>
> Xterm and Midnight Commander

You are really late. Xterm is obsolete. Midnight Commander is useless.

> Hey lackey!  What more could you fucking need?

Than Midnight Commander? It's too heavy. It's faster to use ls, cd and
the old good commands with a good use of history. I'm pretty sure the
only way in which you are using your history file is with your arrow
keys.

Than Xterm? A lot. Unlike you, I don't want to use my mouse when I'm
using my terminal. So xterm is deprecated.

I can live with Alacritty which help me scroll up and copy/past the
results of my commands without using my mouse.

But when I can, I'd rather use Kitty which provides more possibilities. The
possibility to open the result of a command directly in vim is great.
The possibility to open a file following a link thanks to a shortcut is
great.

> But the REAL MAN, the POTENT MAN, only requires xterm
> and Midnight Commander to accomplish his digital miracles.

The last time you provided a video of your limitations, you weren't able
to use Midnight Commander. To find a file with your shortcuts, you
didn't used xterm and Midnight Commander, but your mouse to open a
graphical text editor to copy its result in your terminal. So by your
own definition, you are not a real man a potent man or anything at all
but a lackey of your mouse.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io