Article <665579b2$1$31828$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<665579b2$1$31828$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 09:28:42 +0200
Subject: Re: inn2 peering configs questions - hispagatos wrong?
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
From: "Billy G. (go-while)" <no-reply@no.spam>

On 25.05.24 12:02, Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> Hi Billy,
>
>>      :*,!control*,!junk,!local.*,\
>
> In addition to what has already been rightly said in this thread, I
> would recommend "!control,!control.*" instead of "!control*" because it
> otherwise excludes possible hierarchies like a controllers.* one.

great!

another question i have is the order.

why do * first and then denials afterwards?

why not put entries with ! or @ first and put the single * to the end?

while i'm asking myself i jumped into the source and found this:

https://github.com/InterNetNews/inn/blob/0ff2d3ae0912cf2098d20aaecc900bb5b9e472b2/innd/newsfeeds.c#L363

/*
**  Modify "subbed" according to the patterns in "patlist."
*/
static void
SITEsetlist(char **patlist, char *subbed, char *poison, bool *poisonEntry)

looks like cfg gets read at once and sets some bits somewhere else.
so i believe the order should not matter?

Thank you