Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<666c52c4$0$10528$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: Another GNU/Linux Video Extravaganza!
Date: 14 Jun 2024 14:25:08 GMT

Le 01-06-2024, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> a écrit :
> On 2024-06-01 12:57 a.m., rbowman wrote:
>> On 31 May 2024 18:49:53 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
>>
>>> Why do you believe that? I know what's a tabernacle and a calice and
>>> their meaning in French Canada.
>>
>> Would the average person on the streets of Paris?  In high school the
>> French teachers' brand of Parisian French differed quite a bit from what
>> some of the kids spoke at home. Quebec pretty much went its own way in the
>> 18th century.
>
> I'll say this much. Even though I speak excellent French and can pass as
> a "de souche" Quebecer, I can't watch a few movies from France without
> subtitles.

I'm not that surprised. The accents are different, it's not the all
thing.

Once, in Paris, I was with an Irish woman. When a friend of her spoke to
her, she explained to me after that, she had to speak very slowly with
her. Her friend was a Scottish girl ad their accents were so different
they had issues understanding each others. It doesn't mean they didn't
speak both English. It's the same with French and Quebec people. They
know the differences between the languages and have difficulties in
speaking but in writing it's easy.

> Taxi 4 is an excellent example of that.

I'm not sure I saw this one. The first was a great movie, the others
were only follow-up.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io