Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<666cd63d$0$7528$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: =?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <sc@fiat-linux.fr>
Subject: Re: More Funny Stuff From Joel
Date: 14 Jun 2024 23:46:05 GMT

Le 14-06-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
> On 14 Jun 2024 20:55:27 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
>

>> OK, I failed. So now, if you dare, provide me the answer.
>>

> Good.  You admit that you are a failure.  I will reward you,
> like a dog, for your admission with the following treat:
>
> Unicode normalization:
>
> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/
>
> GNU/Linux provides the incomparable "libunistring" that every
> competent C programmer should have in his toolbox:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/libunistring/

You granted me with the best of the both answers available to you. You
still can dive even when you are at the bottom. It's really impressive.
So like any python programmer you despise, you rely heavily on
libraries. But unlike them, you are unable to understand their purpose.
I'm speaking about sorting characters, not about the way to recognise
them. For example is "Γ" before or after "G" which is before or after
"g"? And then, you'll have the Chinese characters to sort, how do you do
it?

>> In fact, there are competent C programmers here.
>>

> There are *no* competent C programmers here (except little ol'
> me).

Your sentence is easy to correct in a logical syntax: you just put a
"not" before and it's done. The issue is not only about technical skills
but about understanding the issues to solve. And you lack both of the
required qualities.

> Example: no one here (except me) could ever use C to do the simple
> task of error-free floating point summation.

Mouarf.

> Another example: no one here (except me) could ever exploit the
> hardware "instruction pipeline" of Intel and AMD processors using
> C code.

Mouarf. Again.

> Other examples are endless.

You have examples, when you dream you provided a solution, but for this
specific case, you provided nothing.

> Nothing here (aside from me) except C poseurs.

You provided me with a link toward an unrelated library. I'm still
waiting for the answer you will never been able to give: how do you sort
characters in mixed languages?

So for me, you are only a C poseur. It's not enough to have a link
toward a library, it's important to be able to use it.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io