Article <668dbd4f@news.ausics.net>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<668dbd4f@news.ausics.net>

From: not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Subject: Re: What programs do you make sure are installed on a new Linux install?
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: 10 Jul 2024 08:44:31 +1000

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote:
> On 9 Jul 2024 09:11:16 +1000, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> The multimedia sonic screwdriver. If there's a format or codec it
>>> doesn't handle, it's because that format or codec simply isn't worth
>>> using.
>>
>> Indeed, although it's unfortunate that the ways to do some seemingly
>> easy things like joining two video files together can require a very
>> complicated set of command-line options.
>
> Because some file formats (e.g. MPEG-4) do not work if you simply
> concatenate files.

Well yeah, otherwise I'd just use Cat. Anyway thankfully I don't
have to do it often. Last time was to set up a scripted process for
someone to get video 'scenes' off their camera as one continuous
video, then they never used it and changed their mind about
learning to use a video editor program, which they'd adamantly
refused to do when I suggested it in the first place. Huff.

--