Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<668fbea3$0$8223$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Langevin's paradox again
From: nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 13:14:42 +0200

Richard Hachel <r.hachel@wanadou.fr> wrote:

> Langevin's paradox.
> The Langevin paradox is a very serious criticism against the theory of
> relativity. Unfortunately, the canonization and divinization of Albert
> Einstein as the new son of God on earth (it was excessive in both
> substance and form) completely obscured the problem, and we only saw
> dozens high-level theorists were right against him, and that their
> grievances were audible.

Here you have Langevin (seated in front of the blackboard)
with Einstein and Ehrenfest.
You can see how devastated Einstein is at his theory
having been destroyed by Langevin, can't you?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Langevin#/media/File:EinsteinEhrenfestKamerlingh-OnnesWeiss.jpg>

BTW, Einstein is on record as having praised Langevin
as 'the only Frenchman who understands relativity'.
Langevin started lecturing on relativity in 1910.

Jan