Article <66c45774$0$18415$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<66c45774$0$18415$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: [SR and synchronization] Cognitive Dissonances and Mental Blockage
From: nospam@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 10:44:36 +0200

Python <python@invalid.org> wrote:

> Le 17/08/2024 à 14:56, Maciej Wozniak a écrit :
> > W dniu 17.08.2024 o 14:52, Python pisze:
> >> **An Interesting Case of Mental Blockage and Cognitive Dissonance:**
> >>
> >> *Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization Procedure and Dr. Lengrand*
> >>
> >> What's fascinating about certain cranks is that just when you think
> >> you've seen all the absurdities they can come up with, they manage to
> >> produce something even worse. Their cognitive dissonance and ability
> >> to pull out bizarre notions from who knows where, on top of a
> >> perfectly well-defined technical procedure, is astonishing. We've seen
> >> this before with GPS, where Hachel invents all sorts of fantasies,
> >> like atomic clocks in the receivers or synchronization with a clock
> >> infinitely far away in a fourth spatial dimension...
> >>
> >> This is a report of exchanges on the synchronization procedure
> >> described by Einstein in his 1905 paper, discussions that took place
> >> 17 years ago and more recently on sci.physics.relativity and
> >> fr.sci.physique.
> >>
> >> https://groups.google.com/g/fr.sci.physique/c/KgqI9gqTkR8/m/oMc9X0XjCWMJ
> >>
> >> *Reminders on the Procedure:*
> >>
> >> Two identical clocks, A and B, are stationary relative to each other
> >> at a certain distance. Their identical functioning (within measurement
> >> accuracy)
> >

> > Taking 2 identical pendulum clocks blows
> > this pathetic bullshit out.
>

> Not at all. A pendulum by itself is not a clock. The
> system Earth-Pendulum is.

Indeed. Pendulum clocks cannot serve as absolute time keepers,
since they need to be calibrated against a real clock.
(such as the motions of the Earth)
They can only serve to interpolate between astronomical observations.

Man-made clocks of better accuracy than the Earth
didn't become available until the late 1930-ies.
All talk of the relevance of real clocks to Einstein 1905
is hogwash,

Jan